Jawless jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick.niven

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a yellow goby that seems to have his bottom jaw missing . I didn't notice it when I bought him as when I put him in the tank he disappeared for about 5 days he was my first fish in the main tank . All my parameters are perfect 0 ammonia and nitrite also nitrates at 5 ppm ph 8.2 salt 1.25 , I don't want to treat him as he doesn't seem to have anything else wrong with him apart from this . He is eating and doing everything that gobys do . I don't want to take him back to Lfs as they will probably kill him . He has a great personality . Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems

Sorry should have been more specific it's a hole in his lower jaw . I have been watching him like a hawk , turn off wave maker so the water slows down a bit but he is eating really well . I thought that it would be a case of him starving to death slowly and if that was the case I would catch him and euthanise him so he wouldn't suffer . Strange indeed , just wanted to know if anyone else had come across this

It's not really the same thing, but I have a betta that had half of her mouth bitten off by my breeder male (bottom jaw split in the middle, one side torn off). She has spent the past 2 years in my community tank and has done fine.

Good luck with the poor little fella!!

Thanks I'm sure he will be ok but I will keep everyone updated on treatments if necessary and any thing else going with the little fella will try to upload a photo if I can

Jawless goby

Hi guys , I wrote a thread about my yellow goby who was missing half his bottom jaw ,well I just want to let you know he's doing fine and I have introduced a candy cane pistol shrimp who he's taken to sharing a hole . Problem is they are round the back of the tank ?? but he's feeding well just a little slower ????

Back
Top Bottom