jump'n hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
he keeps jum'n at the lids and his beak is look'n sore and bent how can i stop him jump'n does he need more live food

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

How long have you had the hawk, how large is the tank and what other fish besides the eel?

Cheers
Steve

i had him since december, the tank is75 gal and he shares it with snowflake eel, 2 clownfish, 1 goby, 1 banana wrasse, 1 blue tang 40 kg live rock and some corals. we got him because there was major infestation of baby shrimp, but we dont see them anymore. he eats frozen brine and mysis shrimp mostly. is this enough

jayfish said:
1 banana wrasse
Watch this one, most commonly they are peaceful but can be equally aggressive towards fish with similar food interests. Could be the problem.

we got him because there was major infestation of baby shrimp, but we dont see them anymore.
These are mysid shrimp most likely, there's no reason to get rid of them.

he eats frozen brine and mysis shrimp mostly. is this enough
Mysis is fine but the brine is pretty much void of nutrition unless gut loaded and/or heavily fortified. Be sure all your fish get a variety of foods including vegetable matter. The tang especially needs daily grazing veggies.

Cheers
Steve

got up 2 find him deaed and yes i feed my fish green food, and flakes and also occasionally fresh seafood (grated prawns, fish etc)

Back
Top Bottom