JUst got a seahorse need some info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crshnbrn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a seahorse put him in a 5 gal minibow looking for websites or advice been fedding him live bloodworms and frozen mysis shrimp. Looking for any input your wiling to give. I going to keep him in his own tank no fish cause i read somewhere they cant compete with fish for food. If there are any safe fish let me know. tia for any help

Do a search on prior forums. These guys are very hard to keep and fragile from what I hear. I am going to get one myself but not before I do a few month of research... I know I have read a number of items on them so good luck finding the answers you need in prior posts.. They will include some good links for you.....

first off, what type of seahorse? If it is not a dwarf variety, it should be in a bigger tank. Safe fish to have with them would be scooter blennies, mandarin fish, cardinals, and pipefish to name a few. Once again, most of these would want a larger tank as well. Other sources for information would be:
www.seahorse.org
www.syngnathid.org

Don't forget that these guys need a perch of somesort, near the bottom of the tank to hold onto.

Back
Top Bottom