KH mixed at 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my kh is low in mu tank. I dose and can get it to 6. I do a lot of water changes and it doesnt help so today i mixed a batch of instant ocean and tested it in the bucket. Ot read at 4! Is this possibe, i thought it mixed at 10? Would the issue be my test kit? Its the elos brand that is really expensive and supposed to be the one to go with. 4? Really?

Are you talking about reef crystals? I have the same problem but the lowest i experienced is at 6kh. Im dosing already.

Red sea coral pro. Good stuff...could possibly eliminate dosing completely. It did for me...just saying.

Red Sea is great. Mixes well without much residue. Hate instant ocean. My ph was running 7.3 with it. Here is a LOT of residue from it. I have to clean out my container every time I use it.

Although i appreciate the recomendations there is only a couple of fish stores within 50 kms from me so instant ocean is my only choice. I was more wondering if a reading that low is possible or if there is something wrong with my test kit. Mixing at 4 seems off to me.

Where are you at? Here in TO there are 3 big fish store within 50kms radius. What what test kit are you using?

Back
Top Bottom