Killing Bristle Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suprised

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will copper kill bristle worms?

How sure of a bet is an arrow crab? Will he be able to get rid of all of them on a small rock over a period of time?

These questions from someone who will do anything to kill all the bristle worms. Ill post my reasons later on in a new topic that is very important.

I hate to write somethings like this with out posting a lot more info, but i swear there was a bristle worm eating my discosoma. As i said ill post a lot more info later, but i didnt believe it myself until i watched him badly damage 2 of them.

If you know how to kill bristle worms, please help me out. Like i said- ANYTHING.

try some pany hose with a piece of meat on the inside, prop the end open with a little stick or something and put it in at night. The worms will get tangled in the hose, just make sure you don't touch them with your bare hand, they hurt big time :x

In addition, I think dottybacks do a better job of removal. Copper will kill them but will also kill the other inverts in your tank. If you simply remove the rock to a tank with copper, the rock will take up the copper and then release it later when put back in the aquarium.

Just out of curiousity what are your thoughts on the anemone consumption?

There are some predatory fireworms, it is fairly rare to encounter them in the aquarium, but certainly a possibility. If you saw one eating one, I don't have a problem believing it.

I bought an arow ceab (20 bucks ) and my coral banded shrimp killed it in 2 days.
So i still have bristles however they are not bothering aneything

Back
Top Bottom