Going to rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Re scaping my 20 long soon. Im just sick of how it looks. It seems like the some pants just grew out of control and others are being choked out. I have a bit of a blackbeard algae growing on EVERYTHING

Im looking to change my sag carpet to a hairgrass carpet and instead of free range plants Im going to use pots or planters for everything else to keep them from growing out of control.

I plan on using diluted bleach water to soak the algae covered equipment and decor, then soaking it all in a sechem prime solution to clear the bleach (like recharging purigen).

Im prob going to just get rid of 99% of my plants as I want to simplify my tank for a cleaner look and easier care. Ill keep the biological bacteria alive in the holding tank but light blocked to hopefully kill the algae spores before putting it back in my display tank.

I will prob be getting rid of most of the fish and reducing down to just my inverts, my 1 powder gourami and a school of neons.

any other tips and info I should look for?

thanks

Ill post pics if desired as I go.

Sounds like a good plan. I just did the same thing three weeks ago in one of mine. One of my goals was to design it so there were no hiding places in the back where someone could disappear for a long time (or die), so I can have a clear view everywhere and keep tabs on exactly where all residents are all the time. There are plenty of ways to make hiding spots for them without having blind spots for us caretakers.

Im kind of trying to do something similar but sticking more with fish who dont like to hide. I would love to keep my pea puffers but I think theyre starting to decimate my shrimp and cray population, and they LOVE to hide for extended periods. Unless I get a small 6 gallon just for the 2 of them. If the mrs's will allow such a travesty lol. She pob would, She loves the small planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom