light help semi urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
would a duel bulb t5ho light fixture be able to support lps corals on a 55gal tank its 108watts need to know quick because the seller is gonna get rid of it soon

It would support some LPS but not many. It's a pretty low light level for a 55g tank and I am even having a hard time growing fresh water plants with a high quality dual t5ho at substrate level.

i may potentialy switch to these leds this bulb is 36watts on its own i was thinking of setting up 6 over my tank

ForumRunner_20131126_145834.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131126_145713.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131126_145713.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 51
If you were to buy 6 of those par38 bulbs I would think it'd be easier to just buy 2 tao led light panels and be done with it. You can get two for less than $300. last time I bought a par38 bulb with that many watts it was like $60 each. With the tao's you could literally keep any coral your heart desired as well as anemones. Not to mention they look super cool over a tank, I have 3 over my 180g and one over my 60g cube. :)

I got mine on amazon I believe they were $159 ea. and Carey is right about getting these led's instead of the bulbs it would cost you more.

Back
Top Bottom