Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 65 gallon tank. I am thinking about upgrading to a 6 bulb 216watt T5HO system, would this cause my water temperature to rise significantly?

The exact system is a Nova Extreme Pro T5HO 36" 6 bulb 216watt.

No. Not with T5's. You will hardly see a raise in temperature, and if you do at all, it will be negligible. Maybe a degree or a degree and a half.. if even that. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I had the 48" Nova Extreme Pro over my 55G and i didn't see any temperature changes at all actually. It was always at a constant 79*. I did not have fans running over the tank or anything like that either. T5's do not put out much heat at all.

Deep blue t5he 2 bulbs is my current setup. I want to keep an anemone so I want to upgrade my lighting.

Go for it. That's enough light and the T5's are great at running cool./

I upgraded my lights with a retro DIY using 4x80 t5's from VHO's that came with the tank. Now, VHO's run hot and there was one fan, I installed two with the new lights. Initially had a problem keeping temp up! On a warm day at that. Big difference. I honestly question if I need both fans at all.

Back
Top Bottom