Lighting going to be ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erawtik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Iv got the 110g 60x18x24 and i will have fish, lr, and corals. 36" 192W Dual Strip Compact Fluorescent Light Fixture with one 96W bulb 12000K & one 96W bulb actinic 03. Since my tank is 60" i will purchace 2 so it will cover the whole tank. If this is not to good of an idea please input and no im not going with mh.

For that tank length/depth, 2 light strips spanning end to end will not do much more than grow corraline. Coral choices will be extremely limited. You would be much better off with a 4x110w VHO in which all 4 bulbs would span the entire length of the tank giving you better coverage and increased intensity.

Cheers
Steve

Can someone give me some links to a few places cause the few places i looked they either dont make the lights long enough or im looking at spending 600+ for lights which is something i really didnt want to do for that id go with MH i can get them cheaper.

Check with Daryl at captivereefs.com. he is one of the sponsors here, and would gladly help you with your lighting questions.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom