lighting question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What am I looking for in lighting? I'm looking into leds, does watts play a big role? Or is it more about the Ks? It will be over a 29 gallon, and I'd like to be able to grow any kind of coal (that will fit in a 29 of course).

Ks will give you a color temp(look) watts are more important. Checkout dimmable taotronics or reef breeders value fixtures. Both will keep any corals you like just a little different look.$140- 170 each.

Checkout dimmable taotronics or reef breeders value fixtures. Both will keep any corals you like just a little different look.$140- 170 each.

x2 on this, the taotronics leds are rated for 24" of lighting (width) and are raved about on this forum, first off $118 shipped is a steal and especially since its in the US and not coming from china, and it comes with everything to hang it, and will grow any coral you can think of for the most part (y)

New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black US | eBay

My biggest thing is I don't want to have to hang anything from my ceiling. I was considering buying the jbj unibody, just because of the sleekness and that it comes with a nice mounting arm. But that's a 200 dollar difference than the taotonic. Which is a lot for a mounting arm..

Use a shelf bracket to hang it, that's what I was going to do before I decided to build a 3/4 canopy

What am I looking for in lighting? I'm looking into leds, does watts play a big role? Or is it more about the Ks? It will be over a 29 gallon, and I'd like to be able to grow any kind of coal (that will fit in a 29 of course).

29 gal 1 light will cover 36" you have a wooden stand?

I don't have the tank yet, either getting one on Craig's list or doctor fosters

Back
Top Bottom