Lighting ventilation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
My first canopy project: I just built a canopy for my 384W PC retrofit. It raised my tank 4 degrees today after the first full day of use. What kind of fan system should I use to cool it off and would a few old PC fans work? And if so, does anyone have suggestions on how to wire the PC fans? Any help whatsoever would be better than I have right now. Thanks.

PC fans operate on 12V DC current so you would need to either to use the old PC power supply (assuming its an older style that acutally has a power switch as many of the new ones use the motherboard to power the powersupply on/off, of course there is a way to "hot wire" your powersupply if you contact me via PM i can give you directions on how to hotwire a ATX style powersupply).

You could also use a 110V AC --> 12V DC transformer from say radioshack.

THey do make 110V AC fans that are simular in size and apperance to computer fans. If you get those type then you can simply wire them in to your lighting setup so they come on when your timmer turns the lights on.

Back
Top Bottom