Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, I should be receiving mine today in a couple hours. I plan to install them inside this canopy I built for them. The canopy is about 11 inches from the water line so the lights would probably sit at about 9 inches from the water line.
Are the fans loud?

image-3931153700.jpg

Nice, I should be receiving mine today in a couple hours. I plan to install them inside this canopy I built for them. The canopy is about 11 inches from the water line so the lights would probably sit at about 9 inches from the water line.
Are the fans loud?

No they are actually quieter than I thought. I also had to go get a bigger heater because these lights run so cool!!

I put up my lights but they are lower than expected. Is 5 inches off the water line too low?

TSKip what do you think about the lights?

I have them set at 50% and they seem too blue and too dim. They're also not nearly as bright as my 8 bulb T5 fixture so I turned up the whites to 100% and my blues are at 50%. Should I put them back down to 50%?

TSKip what do you think about the lights?

I have them set at 50% and they seem too blue and too dim. They're also not nearly as bright as my 8 bulb T5 fixture so I turned up the whites to 100% and my blues are at 50%. Should I put them back down to 50%?

I have mine at about 50% white and 30% blue. They seem to be good. I like how quiet the fans are. My LFS is letting me use their PAR meter next weekend so I should have a better idea!!!

It doesn't say dimmable. What is the price?

It is dimmable. It says it on the front page just not in the description. 190 shipped to the door. And actually it has 4 dimmers. 1-white 1 blue 1- "special" r/g/uv and 1 for moonlights.

Just ordered my second Tao to finish off my 55g.. Can't wait for the whole thing to be lit by them!

It is dimmable. It says it on the front page just not in the description. 190 shipped to the door. And actually it has 4 dimmers. 1-white 1 blue 1- "special" r/g/uv and 1 for moonlights.
They aren't UV, just so you know. They are simply violet colored diodes.

Back
Top Bottom