I need help - Is my Molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalileza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How i can know if my molly are waiting baby or why uts the big tomy🙈 i have new snails babies 🎊😍

Attachments

• IMG_7648.jpeg
    IMG_7648.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7645.jpeg
    IMG_7645.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7642.jpeg
    IMG_7642.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 1
How i can know if my molly are waiting baby or why uts the big tomy🙈 i have new snails babies 🎊😍
Yes, mollies have a more rounded front but when they are pregnant, they get more rounded in the back as well. If they were ever with a male Molly or male Guppy, ( I see a male Guppy in your 2nd pic), the fish are either pregnant or holding sperm already. (If these are balloon Mollies, it will be harder to tell when they are about to give birth because they are misshaped fish so none of the usual rules apply to them. ) If you are looking for more baby Mollies, add a lot of frilly floating plants for the females to use for releasing their fry. If you are not looking for more babies, do nothing and when they give birth, the other fish will eat the fry.
When it comes to moving females, you do not want to move them when they are heavily pregnant so you'd want to move them a few days after they gave birth. ( Mollies do no parental things with their fry.) They will be weak from birthing so you don't want to move them too soon after birthing.

Hope this helps. (y)

Yes, mollies have a more rounded front but when they are pregnant, they get more rounded in the back as well. If they were ever with a male Molly or male Guppy, ( I see a male Guppy in your 2nd pic), the fish are either pregnant or holding sperm already. (If these are balloon Mollies, it will be harder to tell when they are about to give birth because they are misshaped fish so none of the usual rules apply to them. ) If you are looking for more baby Mollies, add a lot of frilly floating plants for the females to use for releasing their fry. If you are not looking for more babies, do nothing and when they give birth, the other fish will eat the fry.
When it comes to moving females, you do not want to move them when they are heavily pregnant so you'd want to move them a few days after they gave birth. ( Mollies do no parental things with their fry.) They will be weak from birthing so you don't want to move them too soon after birthing.

Hope this helps. (y)
Great info thanks

Back
Top Bottom