LR tank poo??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, it seems like each time that I look at my LR, I see a tiny cloud of smoky stuff come out of a rock crevasse, followed by a few small poo-like pellets. It's literally like my rock is taking a poo right in front of me. 8O 8O There's now a small pile of this stuff on a piece of rock, and a little on my sand.

The only things I know of that are in there besides my snails & hermits is a red bristleworm, a misc. yellow worm, and a crab that's light tan in color and covered in hair (nickle sized). Ideas?

Needless to say I'm going to vacuum the stuff up... but is this a sign of something bad? I hope I don't have to rip out the rock and scrub stuff down.

img_410989_0_4f7fda27437d316ccaa0893a51ad5009.jpg

img_410989_1_7cae86dcbdd9bea5f57653b7d7e58183.jpg

img_410989_2_e17dd10ac3680dfebfd793bbddbe4603.jpg

Do you guys think I should take steps to get rid of this thing? Or should I just put up with it and clean up after its mess? :?

I was initially worried that it could be the droppings of something bad... like a pistol or mantis or something. I've never heard noises in the dark, nor seen anything other than those few things.

Thanks again

Well, it actually might be a good thing that this mysterious creature is drilling your LR. Unless I am mistaken, it could be beneficial for additional anearobic bacterias in your tank. :)

8)

Hmmm... that may be a good thing :D

Any way to tell if it is rock, or if it IS poo? I suppose I could try smashing it in my fingers... but I'm at work right now :roll:

If it is soft, should I just leave the stuff in there, or try to vacuum it up? Thanks Serge (and others)!!

Back
Top Bottom