LTA question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stusclan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I haven't been on for a long time - and now I have an important question. My tank is now in it's sixth year, healthy and happy. I finally broke down and got an LTA - I tried to place it in the most open space with the most sand for it to dig into. It however, hunkered down in a small area against the front glass. Is it okay for it to stay against the glass, or should I try and move it?

It was small in the store and is now huge so it must be happy, but smooshed.

Terry

It will move to where it wants to go no matter where you move it to. Alot of times people damage the foot trying to move it. Once that is done there is no hope for it.

I agree with Mike. I had an LTA in my 72, I wanted it in one spot it felt differently. I would leave it be and allow it to find the spot it likes. It will look for good flow and strong lighting.

Here is what mine looked like
ltadh6.jpg

Thanks, that's what I thought - it's too pretty to damage. I'll try to get a picture up later when I can find my camera.

Against the "Rules"....Here at AA you MUST have your camera ready at all times! LOL Welcome back. ;)

Okay - this is my first attempt at posting a picture on a pc, my Mac is at the shop. Hope it works.

Attachments

• 100_2843.jpg
    100_2843.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_2844.jpg
    100_2844.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_2845.jpg
    100_2845.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 66
MIne decided it liked the front right side corner and grew to abotu a foot wide before it suddenly died (1 week and it was gone).

I won't replace it.

The pics turned out very nice. The pic I posted of mine was after it moved under the rock, before it looked just like yours up on the glass. It will find a happy home and it just might be right where it is.

Back
Top Bottom