Make your own fishfood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capncavey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have any omnivore and carnivore recipes they could share please.
I made a batch of 1part clams, 1 part calamari and 1/5 part oysters. The squid did not blend very well lol. Guess I need to run food processor a bit longer. I read about garlic and vitamins and green stuff(seaweed) and was wondering on ratios or amounts.

Here this is from my post, the only thing I will do next time is leave some shrimp and nori larger for the bigger fish.

I used 6 oz of shrimp, mussels, and oysters and 5 clams.
1 tsp spirulina
2 tsp golden pearls
2 Tbs freeze dried cyclops
3 cups chopped nori mostly green, some brown and purple.
A few drops of
3 cups RO/DI water

I have the 4 tangs and foxface so I wanted a mix that had lots of greens for them. It turned into a nice thick dark green mix. I used mini freezer trays and made 4 months worth of food, feeding 2 cubes a day.

I bought bulk bags of spirulina, cyclops and golden pearls so that was $20 and will make a lot of food, the sea food was $20, I had selcon and Nori, but you can get about a year supply of nori at the Asian market for about $5-10 depending on how much you feed. I double bagged them in 30 day supply per bag to avoid freezer burn.

I've read if your going to make your own food it's good to supplement with a vitamin like selcon.

Back
Top Bottom