Maroon clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason that the bigger clown attacks the smaller is because its asserting its dominance. It is trying to get the smaller one to submit. It can take a while but the smaller one will eventually submit. The smaller clown will lay on its side and twitch which shows it is submitting.

we have a maroon clownfish and bought it a mate. the mate was smaller and we thought they would evenually sort it out after a bit of nudging and nipping.
we woke up the next morning, the smaller clownfish was on its side and all its fin were basically gone.
already paired maroons should be ok. but they are extremely territorial

Gues what guys the maroons are pairedd :) they chill ttgther swim tgther everything. I think if you are going to pair maroons you shud buy them as pairs and if u wana pair them put the 2nd fish in a breeder box for couple of days wait till the big fish calms down and then release it. They should nip a litle but theyl be fine. But hurray my clowns are paired am so glad and the fins are healing really really quickly. I think by next week theyl be fully healed because clowns fins to heal dont take that long

Back
Top Bottom