Maxima is missing in action

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This will sound crazy, but my new maxima clam has gone missing. I fed it earlier, and a couple of hours ago I noticed it's missing. I basically tore my tank apart looking for it, with no success. Has anyone ever had this happen?

All I can think of is that it either is buried in the sand or something took it off for a little private tasting. How big was it and what do you have that could move it or hide it form you?

Cripes. I think one of my paper bubble snails pushed it into my sand bed. I couldnt find it last night, so I took another look just now. Found it about 1 inch deep in the sand. I hope it will be OK. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Andy

Put it on a flat piece of rock, or build up an area of rock rubble for it to sit on. It will sit higher and hold its ground if something gets on top of it.

Thanks, will do. He seems to be doing very well considering he was under sand for approximately 12 hours. I know I couldnt handle doing that, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom