MH Cooling.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering I have read alot but wanted to know I have MH Coralife Aquarium Pro. 20K It is fully open top no canopy. I have a fan blowing on top of the surface and wanted to know if it was better for it to be cooling the water in the wet/dry filter then returning to the tank or is the top better? Thanks

Doesn't make much of a difference... although with MH, I would suggest that the fans blow across the surface of the main tank. I only have 4x65 PC lighting and I have (4) 80mm computer fans blowing air across the top, and a 10" room fan blowing across my sump. Not very loud at all. :D

the computer fans you need to mnake it so you can attach a plug to it correct? I have one fan blowing across the top only.

Just buy a computer fan that has 2 wires and you should be able to take a old or find a used cellphone charger cut the plug end off that you would put into the cell phone and splice the wires to the computer fan. HTH

Back
Top Bottom