Missing Tailspot Blenny FOUND!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Holy cow!
More than a month after he went missing, I found my missing Tailspot, ALIVE, in the back chamber of my tank. I have torn the tank apart sereral times looking for him. Apparently he has been living back behind my protein skimmer all this time". He is nice and fat and healthy.
I moved him back to the display, and so far,he seems fine, the other fish are pretty much ignoring him, and he is already grazing on the rocks.
My worry now is, after I was sure he was missing for good, I got a good size midas blenny. So far, the midas has paid no mind to the tailspot, but, it has only been a few hours. Has anyone sucessfully kept two blennies in a 38 gallon tank? I am so happy to have my tailspot back, but I also really like my midas......

In sadder news, one of my clowns went carpet surfing sometime between last night and midday today. Im not sure how he got out, I have a screen top on the tank whic fits with less than a quarter inch gap. Maybe it was loose or he jumped hard enough to bounce it high enough to get out under it. Not sure, but deffinitely worried about it :(

I;ve kept several blennies in a small tank with no issues, but it will depend on their personality.

Glad you found the blenny though. :) i had a yellow watchman goby go missing and found him over a YEAR later in the back chamber of my biocube. lol Crazy stuff....

Wow! That is a crazy long time! Yea, I am pretty shocked to find him, and he looks so good! He obviously has not minded being the lone ranger in the back of the tank, fattening up on algae. Hopefully they will be ok together, my midas seems pretty mellow, infact, he is a bit of scaredy-fish, and the tailspot can clearly take care of himself, lol.
Crossing my fingers...........

Totally bummed about my clown though, he was the one in my avatar :(

Back
Top Bottom