Moon Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i am looking at some lighting and some of them come with moon light Fixtures. do they do any thing? they are onely one watt. or is it just for look at night? and then they say they have Independent controls for dawn, dusk and moon lighting. is that really needed or can you just have timer to delay the start of each light.

The moonlites are mainly for astheric purposes but nobody knows for sure what benifits they have on your tank. The moonlites are all controlled by 1 powercord they are always on if they are plugged in and can be set to a timer. The bulbs are rated for 50000 hors of continuos use and are fully warrentied for 1 year by Custom SeaLife. The independent controlls are for the PC bulbs. The front and back row of lights each has its own power cord. The actinics go on one bank and the daylights on the other. You turn the actinics on first then the day lights. You than reverse the process when you shut them off. THen you have the moonlites turn on. THe are truly aweiome to see with the moonlites on.

If you are interested in buying one look in the sponsor special forums and check out the special i have on these hoods right now.

Supposedly moon-lites are good to improve the spawning instinct in your fish. They simulate full moon lighting conditions on a reef and will completely change the way your tank looks at lights out time. I have the 48" 240W fixture with four moonlites and love it. If you don't go with that particular fixture, I still highly recommend you pick up the individually sold moon-lite for your tank as the asthetic benefits are incredible regardless of any intention to spawn fish in captivity.

Back
Top Bottom