more sand ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky@3rdshift

Aquarium Advice Regular
I searched a lot of topics 1st but everytime I clicked a topic and it wasn't what I was looking for i had to re search again. Someone may want check that feature out.

Ok 1st things 1st I started a 55 gallon tank just off of info I was given by a local shop. I have about 5 lbs LR and 15LBs base rock, 20 lbs of live carib sand.

I seen a lot of post talking about deep sand beds, and i was wonder should I add regular sand to my tank or am I fine with the sand I have now? if I need to add regular sand can I go over the top of the live sand in small amounts or should I remove the live sand long enough to place in the regular sand or what.

I just plan on having a few fish and LR in this tank nothing real extravagant.

Thanks

I like the start with a min of 1 lb per gal on both sand and lr. After that IMO its choice on what you want the tank to look like. i don't like the look of a DSB so I run about 3-4" in both of my tanks.
I would get another 10-15 of LR and another 10 of base.
I would not cover the LS I would push it over to one side of the tank and then add the new sand to the empty side. Mix them together but try not to bury all the LS.

Back
Top Bottom