Moving a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i setup my 125 gallon tank and had it running for about a month. My wife told me she wanted the tank moved down now 4 feet so it’s in the center of the room. So my question is, is there a easy way of doing this? I’m figuring i have to take about half of the water out to slide the tank and hopefully the two fish i have in there will be okay for about a hour. I have felt pads on the bottom and it’s a laminate floor. Didn’t know if i would be able to lift it and put those mover pads under it or what. Please help

I had to empty my old 55g 75% to do that water is 8.32 lbs a gallon plus rock and sand weight. So depending how strong to feel will depict how much you will have to empty

I’m a pretty big guy. I was able to move my 65 with 20 gallons out. Like i said didn’t know if there was a good way to do it without taking all the water out

I’m a pretty big guy. I was able to move my 65 with 20 gallons out. Like i said didn’t know if there was a good way to do it without taking all the water out

Probably 200 lbs just rock and sand in your 125g

The fish should be fine in bucket for some time..It took me 12 hours to drain and move my 135 to other side of room..
I had a 32g brute garbage can filled with gravel..I am not big so could barely move that !
All my fish did fine in containers while I sweat my butt off !
Your tank alone weighs close to 200lbs ,so water added may be trouble?
I drained mine completely and just added new water for what I could not save...

How did it go? You can temporarily substitute your tank with any container for a day or two with no problems. Siphon 20% of the water out into a brute, remove the substrate, remove rock, add more water, finish with livestock. They are cool for a while. When your tank is in place, add 10% water, all of the substrate and then the rest. Easy move......for the fish. :)

Well i moved the tank. I had to take out about 80-100 gallons of water and was able to slide it. I couldn’t catch the fish but they made it through with no problems

Back
Top Bottom