Mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a polyp of a very bright orange mushroom. How long should it take before it takes hold to a rock? I have it resting in a nice place right now with out much current. Thanks

Jeff 8O

That's variable. Once the mushroom has adjusted to it's new environment, it'll take hold. Could take a day...could take a week or more. Some people use glue to put coral in place.

thanks

I wasn't sure about gluing a mushroom since they don't really have a hard bottom and normally I thought they could move on their own.

thanks
Jeff

Ive tried supergluing a mushroom to a rock and it doesnt work. They just break away :lol: Try covering the shroom over the rock with netting for a week or two or just let them float around until they attach themselves to a rock :?

Thanks man,, this thing is freakin awesome BRIGHT orange I never seen one like it LOL I don't want it to hook on in some weird spot. I may use a piece of pantyhose think I heard people use to attach them to a certain spot. Last resort would be just let it go but I will if I have to.
I will post a pic of it as soon as I can.

thanks
Jeff

I have tried glueing mushrooms as well and it is just a mess. Take a small rock and put the mushroom on it, then wrap the rock in bridal vail material. Put it in an area of very low flow while it takes hold. Should just take a few days.

Back
Top Bottom