My blenny needs a friend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhud79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tailspot blenny and am looking to get another fish. My tank is a 28 gallon nano cube. I would like a wrasse of some sort to help control my flatworm population (at least we think they are flatworms). Are blennies and wrasses compatible? If not, any other suggestions? The blenny was the first fish we got so we want him to be happy. As always thank you for your help.

You just have to find the right wrasse they have a very wide spectrum of colors and personality

PS: I have a lot of coral so his friend needs to be reef safe too. I don't want them munchin on my coral...

Check liveaquaria.com and look under wrasse-reef safe and that should give you a good idea the only thing is you might have trouble finding one that'll fit your tank

My blenny needs a friend!

I am going to the store today to to get a friend for my tailspot blenny. Any suggestions? something non-aggressive as my blenny is rather shy. I have corals too so reef safe is a must. Thanks!

How big is your tank? You might consider a chalk bass they are small, or a pj cardinal. You will probably need to find something that isn't a very aggressive eater.

A wrasse is a very aggressive eater if your blenny is shy it may end up not getting enough to eat. Wrasses are hit or miss when it comes to eating flatworms. It is much easier to get flatworm exit follow the direction and redose after about 4 or 5 days. Depending how bad it is you might can control them with siphoning. Dip all corals at least before putting them in your tank. I use revive and flatworm exit on all my new corals even when I move coral from one tank to the next I use revive I had flat worms once and don't want to take the chance of ever getting them again.

My tank is 28 gallons. Thanks for your help.

You can go with a lot of different fish. One of my favorites is a firefish goby. Any goby will do fine with your blenny. I've never had problems with my blenny eating with other fish. My bicolor blennies other tankmayes included clownfish, damsels, chromis, rabbitfish, wrasses, gobies, Pygmy angels...the list goes on. It's always been one of the hardiest fish and it gets along with all of my fish.

Please only start one thread per topic. Also please read the stickies in each forum before posting, as questions are NOT allowed in the profiles forum. Moved to Saltwater & Reef Aquaria and merged 3 threads.

Back
Top Bottom