Naso Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stowers02

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new Naso Tang. The problem is that all he will eat is frozen brine shrimp and frozen plankton. I've tried several veggy foods like formula 1 for tangs, freezedried seaweed and frozen seaweed, but he seems to ignore them. Obviously the carnivore diet is not normal. But is this a problem? If it is, how do I fix it? Thanks!

leave it in there he will pick at it and then the light will go off in his little noodle thats its food :)

fold a 2x4in seaweed strip until you cant fold any smaller then put it on a vege clip.
when I first started feeding my naso dried seaweed she ignored for about 2 weeks, now I cant keep enuf in my tank

Since It's a new fish, it may need to get learn that the dried seaweed is food. Mine will eat a strip of Nori in under 30 seconds, everytime I feed it(3-4x daily).

I wouldn't worry about the brine shrimp though. I will also occasionally hold a shrimp tail between my fingers for it to pick the meat off of, after I feed the shrimp to my Lion. It loves it.

This is a fun fish that will soon learn to beg when you walk by.

Back
Top Bottom