New 20G aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

posenergy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today I combined two ten gallon FOWLR tanks I had into tins twenty height. The aquascape has been really hard to figure out though. Does anybody have any tips/ideas?This tank will eventually be a reef by the way. Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406425844.588719.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406425865.177251.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406425875.943257.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406425891.544418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

a few thoughts: keep it a bit further from glass for ease of cleaning. Add more rock, 20-30# would be about right, depending on the actual rocks. I like a little less symmetry myself.

With that being said, you'll look at it more than I will :) so make it look good to you.

I would take those little parts on the front left of the tank and stack them upwards so you get a little more height.

I vote to keep the rock away from the side glass as well, you will hate claning around it. lol

i also would go with a bit more height on the left, just make sure the rocks are stable. :) You can use coral epoxy that you can get at petco usually, to hold the rocks together if need be. otherwise, it looks like its coming along nicely.
Like mentioned above, just play with it til "the one" structure comes out. It takes me minutes to months to get the rocks right sometimes. LOL

I also agree with keeping it away from the glass. Just keep moving it around a little and try to spot what you don't like about it currently. :)

Back
Top Bottom