New addition to 75 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Floating right now. Pretty stoked! Got it for $30.

img_2135323_0_513c201bf17f62079cfb40428cf372fa.jpg

Is that a Christmas wrasse? Great find though for $30 either way

Found him this morning. He is fine and swimming around. Gonna find my tops for this tank today!

Here is the last fish in the 75. He is an Indigo Hamlet. What do you think?

image-2994902602.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty crazy looking never seen one, Love that wrasse you got, I was thinking of getting one also. Just got the 54 corner going on 9/18 pretty stoked still cycling

Good luck with the tank. I am totally thrilled with both the Wrasse and the Hamlet. Perfect ending to the stock of the 75. It is complete now!

Love the blue on that hamlet.. almost as vibrant as the blue on the damsels :)

That's a beautiful wrasse! Not a mccoskers wrasse though. I have a mccoskers wrasse And its not even similar. That's a pic of one in my avatar Ans here is a pic of mine a while back. I don't think its a Christmas wrasse either but that is alot closer than a mccosker.

ForumRunner_20121003_080237.jpg

Attachments

• PicsArt_1344193830662.jpg
    PicsArt_1344193830662.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 133
That's a beautiful wrasse! Not a mccoskers wrasse though. I have a mccoskers wrasse And its not even similar. That's a pic of one in my avatar Ans here is a pic of mine a while back. I don't think its a Christmas wrasse either but that is alot closer than a mccosker.

View attachment 122369

You are right. It isnt even close to a McCoskers. I have been cruising the net and I think it is a Melanurus Fairy Wrasse. What do you all think?

I didnt know you were having trouble with an ID, lol yes its a melenarus wrasse or "christmas" wrasse

Yea probably. I saw a baby Christmas wrasse and it was alot more red than that one but fairly close. Awesome looking fish though and you got a good deal. Wrasses are so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom