New to the forum :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KennyD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Kendra. My brother-in-law is into the saltwater hobby and i thought it was incredible. So, im finally making the switch to saltwater! I had some pretty gorgeous freshwater tanks a couple years ago but now i feel pretty out of my element.

I’ve had different aquariums since I was about 15. I currently have a 20gal wide with a freshwater axolotl, he’s almost five and his name is guppy lol . I’m looking to start a reef/fish tank combination and my tank size to start is 48gal (heard bigger is better for first time saltwater) this is something I want to sink my extra time into as a new hobby

Cheers!

Hi, my name is Kendra. My brother-in-law is into the saltwater hobby and i thought it was incredible. So, im finally making the switch to saltwater! I had some pretty gorgeous freshwater tanks a couple years ago but now i feel pretty out of my element.

I’ve had different aquariums since I was about 15. I currently have a 20gal wide with a freshwater axolotl, he’s almost five and his name is guppy lol . I’m looking to start a reef/fish tank combination and my tank size to start is 48gal (heard bigger is better for first time saltwater) this is something I want to sink my extra time into as a new hobby

Cheers!

Welcome to the club :flowers:
With saltwater, water chemistry is very important and can go bad quickly which is why larger saltwater tanks are easier to learn how keep them with. You have more time to catch disasters before they happen. (y) Fair warning, when you think to yourself " I never did that with my freshwater tank." stop that. It's not exactly the same as keeping freshwater tanks. Some things are the same principles just not the same mechanics. You will need to learn some new skills. (y) Good thing we are here to help. (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom