New to skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosseg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up my BH100 octopus, and I have no idea if its working or doing its job. Both chambers are filled and it's bubbling up and stuff. My waterline is coming nowhere near to the max, are u supposed to fill it outside of the aquarium? Also, getting a buttload of microbubbles- will this go away? Do I need to disconnect the air hose? Sorry for all the questions, thanks guys.

Attachments

• image-3172318677.jpg
    image-3172318677.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 98
Just set up my BH100 octopus, and I have no idea if its working or doing its job. Both chambers are filled and it's bubbling up and stuff. My waterline is coming nowhere near to the max, are u supposed to fill it outside of the aquarium? Also, getting a buttload of microbubbles- will this go away? Do I need to disconnect the air hose? Sorry for all the questions, thanks guys.

Normal, all skimmers have a break-in period of about 2 weeks or less until they function properly. Oils and residues from construction prevent bubbles from forming and producing skimmate. Microbubbles will also subside

So I shouldn't worry about where the water level is right now? I'm leaving town in a week, what should I tell my person watching the tank in terms of monitoring?

I just set this up maybe 2 weeks ago and the cup is half full already. The only thing I see off in your picture is the out pipe. Mine is lower and came with three black foam rings that i placed over the top of the return line. This stops any bubbles being created when the water is pushed into the clear containter sitting in the tank. Ill attach a picture from my phone right now.

Sorry about the flash. My LEDs are in for moonlight and that's where my clowns sleep lol. They always manage to get in my pictures.

image-2505965635.jpg

I have my foam rings around that area too (don't know exactly how to position them tho). Mine don't sit in the water tho they sit just above. And my skimmer is as low as it can get (I think?) I'm not sure how to change it

Back
Top Bottom