Nicest PC lights? PC lights to stay away from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Prior to buying, what are your opinions on good and bad values in the PC lighting market? Coralife, Orbit, etc.? TIA

I ordered the coralife PC fixture from captivereefs.com.

I have no complaints with it. Everything works fine, the hood fits perfectly. I don't know about any other brands, etc. But this is my experience with the Coralife.

I just got the coralife lunar light w/ 1 65w 10000k and 1 65w acintic. It is great. The quality appears first rate and everything is built sturdy. I thought about the orbit and satellite fixtures but I was told the quality and customer service is with coralife.

I really love my Aqualight by Coralife. According to Darin at captivereefs.com, Coralife offers great customer service and support and they have a very low defect rate.

Coralife is the best. They have great service, always answer the phone and have a low faliure rate as stated above.Plus the build quality is excellent and sturdy!

Current USA is good but the company support is pretty bad. There only contact is E-mail and you are lucky if they respoond.

JBJ is Ok I heard they made improvemnets but i still do not trust there stuff.

Jebos while real cheap are just that real cheap. They have bad ballasts fake actinic bulbs and no warranty or customer support.

I have used Coralife bubs and bulbs from hellolights (no idea on brand). I think the corallife bulbs overall have a more blue hue to them.

I love my coralife aqualite. I leave the LED's on all the time. I have the actinics timed to come on an hour before I turn the white lights on. Great system. And I got a great price from Darin at Captivereefs.

Back
Top Bottom