Nitrate results. Please chime in here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kinda looks like its in between

That's what I was thinking I was hoping it was 20. I'm trying to hold off on a water change do to the new tank arriving next week, I'm gonna need that SW to help refill an established tank once I move it here

Yeah id say 25-30ish. A 50% water change will cut that number in half and i often do this if i need nitrates getting higher than i like.

Yeah id say 25-30ish. A 50% water change will cut that number in half and i often do this if i need nitrates getting higher than i like.

I agree, I'm just trying to "hold out" and use that salt mix (reef crystals) for the big "upgrade"...

Ok just tested my KH after one drop its "yellow" which would put my ppm at 17.9 I'm assuming that's not to good since the book says it should be about 8 to 12?

Ok just tested my KH after one drop its "yellow" which would put my ppm at 17.9 I'm assuming that's not to good since the book says it should be about 8 to 12?

Ya thats way low 8-12 is ideal although my friend keeps his at 7 dkh

I almost wanting to say thats nearly impossibly low. That would not be enough to sustain coral growth.

API test kits are not known for reliability and usually read high. I compare to a better kit if you know anybody that has Red Sea Pro or Salifert

Back
Top Bottom