POWER BACK UP DURING POWER OUTAGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I don't know what most people do during a power outage but being in florida and going with out power for three days due to an everyday rain storn and the slow take your time power company has made me think about what I can do the next time around
I saw on the internet made by a company a unit made just for that reason ,you plug it into the wall and plug all you poer heads-filters and ect into it ,when the power goes out this kicks on and all your equipment that needs to be running will continue to run
From what I read it will run for days before needing recharging, it charges when not in use which is when the power is on, its a back up battery unit
I thought great, its about time some one came up with something that you don't have to be home for , will turn on by its self ,does not require fuel
The only down side is it cost almost 400.00 which is not bad, I just don't have that kind of money right now ,does anyone know of any do it your self ways to make or create something like this
take a look at the unit, type in JEHMCO , you will see JHMCO main ,go into that and click on product info right side top of page then go to battery back up

Try looking at computer backups they are cheaper just dont plug in all your power heads just enough to keep the o2 levels from dropping too low. :idea:

I called around and asked about those and most told me they would only run for maybe 30 minutes if I was lucky, was hping to come up with something that could be used for a good part of the day if needed ,last time I lost all my fish

generater. that is what i would use. if you go to a pawn shop or a place like that you could get one used for cheap. but you can also get generater that will with a auto turn on when powrer falis and will run very thing that is pluged in to it. but they cost a ton of money. i think they even test them selfs once a month to make sure they start and every thing.

Yes but the only problem with that is you have to be home to start it up and you have to add fuel pending on how long it needs to run, looking for a back up that will come on buy it self when the power goes out so if your at work or out you don't have to worry

Back
Top Bottom