power out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mfdrookie516 said:
I guess you could always start agitating the surface manually if you got desperate?

Yea get a really big straw and start blowing lol.... sorry that sucks hope ya made out ok!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Luckily I live in Florida so it doesnt get really really cold, well except for the winter months, we can almost get to freezing usually.

I'll add generator to my current CL searches, ya never know. Like I said, I'd love a generator but I know for a fact we can't afford one especially after my big tank buying day a few days ago. We are broke. lol

Well, finding a cheap generator now should be easy as it is coming into hurricane season. I'm also worried about it but think I will just buy a good UPS system for my in-tank power heads and possibly the return pump in the sump.

Glad your power's back. I'm considering a generator as well. I'm at over $2k on this tank, so I need to be ready for WHEN, not IF

Uh, I wouldn't put ANY gas burning generator in a house with or without the windows open. That is a very bad idea. Put the generator outside and run extension cords in.

well duh, but if i lived where i couldnt do that, its an option...place a plywood board down and place it on it.(in a seperate room with ventilation)..p.s. dont burn the place down, even though they are no worse than a kerosene heater, ecxept for the fumes..lol

That's why I have a cold freshwater aquarium. I've lost too many fish due to power outages which caused temperature drops. It would be nice if there were a battery backup that could run an aquarium for at least six hours.

Last time I tried using a car power adapter and plugging in my filter to it with a long extension cord while the car was running. It couldn't even run the filter.

I'm in a really bad situation, the power has been out for 5.5 hours and my wife is in labor so I am not even home to monitor what's happening. I know temperature isn't an issue because I don't run a heater and the tank stays 78. I have no idea how they are holding up...just sitting in a hospital playing the waiting game.

Thanks man, so far so good. At the hospital anyway, don't know about my fish, lol.

Back
Top Bottom