Powersweep powerheads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any experience with these Powersweep powerheads? they rotate and therefore the current changes. Sounds good. Any negatives? TIA.

Most people don't like them. They normally stop the seewp motion after a short time. I have one that I have never cleaned and it still sweeps after 1+ years of operation.

That being said, theyare bulky and the flow is on the low side. Some maxijets and a wavetimer or knock off can give you a more reliable method for changes in water movement.

I have had poor luck with mine. They move less water than equivlent non moving powerheads and the rotation device would stop working after a short period of time and would require the PH to be disassembled and cleaned before it would sweep again.

My first two stopped working after only a few weeks. I have sinced swithed to Maxi-jets in my main. I still use one powersweep in the container that I mix SW in and it is still sweeping.

Ditto on the sweeping motion stopping after a period of time without regular maintenance. Go with the maxi-jets, you can't go wrong.

Same here. I have two that must be cleaned every third week to keep sweeping.

Stephen

wow thats funny :lol: i dont have any problems with mine....it has been on going never cleaned for 4 months...i like it...but sounds like i may be lucky 8)

doug

Back
Top Bottom