Proclear aquatics systems 75g protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was given this protein skimmer and this is the first time I will be using one since I've only been into the saltwater hobby for about two months now. can anyone explain the whole adjustment and water level deal.

Following. I believe you need to adjust it so the water is in the cone of the collection cup but not spilling over (flow dial). I also gather they work a lot better when they get dirty. Mine took about 2 weeks to start bubbling correctly. Either way, following in this thread to learn something new!

Ya I was playing with it yesterday because I had to do some modifications to it because the tank I have ha an eclipse hood. So I filled up my sink and an it worked but I couldn't get the water into the tube

It was used as an in sump skimmer but due to my setup I'm going to have it act like a hang on skimmer

But I cut a tube long enough for the pump to reach the middle of the tank if need be

That's your problem, your pump can't handle the little extra distance. This is my set up. I also cut a tube and ran my pump in chamber 1 to my skimmer in chamber two. Had to adjust daily for weeks until I found its happy point.

I see, thanks I'll have to fugue something out then

Back
Top Bottom