Proposed frag donations for Jeff85w

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just saw what happened to Jeffw85's tank/setup (fire). I know his insurance will cover most of the damages but I got to thinking maybe (if Jeff approves) we could get together and make a list of frags/corals we would be willing to donate to his new setup and let him choose what he wants. I have a yellow finger gorg frag and some shroom frags I can donate.

I just recently bought a bunch of LR with shrooms from him when he was setting up his 175gal. and I am just tore-up about this. He is a super-nice guy and really loves the hobby. As a fireman, this really hits home as I've seen aquarium fires before but never that bad.

So what do you all say....Let's help out Jeff.

Thanks,

Mike Brown

Jeff: I'll try and frag that Colt coral you sold me too. I'd give it back but it's attached to a piece of LR now. Oh hell, I'll give ya the rock too.

Jeff85w's original post: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=29527

Awesome sentiments.. this is why I love this forum!

Kudos to you (y)

I do not have much in the way of frags right now but i will help him out by discounting as much as i can any equipment he needs to replace. I do have some un used glass heaters i will donate if he wants them. One Ebo and one tetra.200W and 300W.

Hope this can be of some help some how.

I too have seen 1 or 2 small fires under and one next to tanks.

If someone can tell me how to split this up I'll send some to him !

SOme shrooom and the other stuff thats there !

shroom.JPG

Wow!! I'm not on the SW side of the hobby, but you are all so wonderful! If you're ever in Calgary, drop by for some homemade cookies!

I can't help on the frags. but my ls has had a pod explosion (no fish to eat them). I will be glad to send some sand to kick start his new tank.

Hello everyone, Firstly I'd like to thank "fireman26m" for the very kind gesture. Additionally I would like to thank those who have been so gracious to offer some frags, zoos etc.... Thanks to all of you.

At this point I am not sure if I will replace the tank. I've been in this hobby for 6 years now but the losses from this fire are astounding. My original post on the "Please Read Fire Total Loss" post stated that I had almost 7k invested and my office was going to be closed for repairs for 2 weeks. In actuality my loss on the tank was over 10k so far and 4 weeks to repair my office.

When all the dust has settled I sincerely hope insurance will make me whole again but it cannot repair all the hours and stress involved with setting the tank up and seeing my office in shambles. Additionally I cannot put into words how saddened I am seeing all of my fish laying on the carpet lifeless. My fish and inverts were like a part of the family and I had most of them for years. The new additions I put in over the past few weeks were really starting to fit in. All my tangs schooled and my percs who found their home years ago in a large colt coral were laying lifeless side by side just under the coral when I got access to the tank. It's a sight I'll never forget.

My heart tells me to replace the tank and rebuild, my stress and mental anguish make me think, "why would I reintroduce a unit, at home or at my office that could cause such a disaster". If I knew I could put reliable failsafes into a new system I would be much more apt to replace the unit. Unfortunately since my mishap I have heard countless accounts of fires started by an aquarium. Tanks dont seem to be a problem, components do. Whether lights or heaters, I guess there is a lot of junk out there that shouldn't be on the market. I spared no expense on my tank and components but it wasn't enough.

Some company in China is manfacturing heaters that have a defective component and it was marketed as a first class unit. It may take some time but eventually others will start failing too. Hopefully it will happen while someone is present so damage can be prevented before a full fledged fire starts. Mine started around 2am and I usually dont work that late.

Anyway--All the support and general "Good Will" in this forum may sway me to rebuild. If insurance makes me whole again there is really no need to help me out with restocking. I can't express how much I appreciate the offers. You folks are very kind. My bigger hesitation is the exhausting hours of work to get the tank set up, moving tons of water, rock and sand.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress or lack thereof. I'll be praying for the right thing to do in this situation.

Again with sincere thanks and gratitude

Jeff Williams
Evansville, IN

Back
Top Bottom