protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
what kinnd do u recomend for me i have a 90 gal with a oceanic sump im doing basicly fish only i guess

I've heard good things about the Kent Marine Nautilus. But it really depends on your budget. Or if youre good with your hands u can DIY one for fairly cheap.

Nautilus Skimmer TE??? and i would do a mg drive pump? it just sits in the sump right?

look on ozreef.org for the diy stuff on skimmers or in the diy section here. and yes its the TE model

I think that Aquamedic Turboflotor is one of the best skimmers out there. They cost around 279.99 and is rated up to 250. Hangs on the side of the tank if you dont' have room in your sump, or just put it in the sump.

Im not sure on the min/max size but I do know that Captive Rased Corals (one of our sponsors) is running a special on AquaC skimmers.

Others to look at would be ther Berlin Classic or the Berlin Turbo.

I agree with strictly marine, I love the turbofloater (mine even more than his as I paid 209. for it :) )

An Aqua C Remora is drastically more efficient *and* cheaper than those listed above, but only *if* you can run it from your sump.

As a hang-on style skimmer the Aqua C isn't better than the rest.

I beg to differ with the above statement. The Aqua C, as a HOB skimmer, is more efficient due to the way it injects the air into the water column. It doesn't vary like the skimmers that run the air/water through the pump impeller (not to be confused with needle wheel skimmers that have pumps that are designed to do that). In order to get max efficiency from any HOB skimmer, you need a surface skimmer so that you're only skimming water from the top of the tank. Also available from Aqua C is the Urchin which is the in sump model of the Remora...very little difference except that the Urchin has a foot that gives it more stability. For a 90 gal tank, I'd recommend the Pro version of either model. The Nautilis, Turboflotor, or Berlin Classic will all do a great job on a 90 gal as well.

Clean-Up Venturi Protein Skimmer with HX4500 pum or the berlin turbo classic?

Probably the Berlin...I don't know about the other skimmer you mentioned. I know the Berlin is a good skimmer though.

Back
Top Bottom