Red slim remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put some red slim remover in my tank because I noticed slim starting to spread. Anyway should I leave my skimmer on. Its spitting stuff up like crazy when I put the slim remover in.

Which product do you use? I know that with boyd chemiclean you are not suppose to use your skimmer for the first 24 hours I believe. Also, you should try to get to the source of the problem. I have found that when using removers, the substancwe only comes back stronger over time. HTH

Aim your power heads in the direction of the slime. You have some dead spots. Do a few water changes and posts your water parameters. I don't like adding anything to the water as far as chemicals go. I have some charcoal in bags and some phosphate sponge in bags and it works for me. I used to have a phosban reactor before the phosphate sponge but the reactor broke.

I agree, PWCs and a little siphoning can knock it out relatively quickly. I had it bad and just kept cleaning and PWCs, wiped it right out.

roka64 said:
I agree, PWCs and a little siphoning can knock it out relatively quickly. I had it bad and just kept cleaning and PWCs, wiped it right out.
(y) (y)

Back
Top Bottom