Relocating a feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this duster that is attached to the middle of a rock. I would like to relocate him, but there seems to be a fleshy attachment that is quite interwoven in this porous rock. Have any of you tried this? Any idea if it will cause damage to the duster if I just try to scrape it's "foot" off of the rock?

img_990358_0_742cd08efa0d0d08b7b4b445c655e1aa.jpg

If he`s stuck I would not try to move him. You could pull him out of the tube and then it will be over. IMO dont try.

The tubes are quite delicate, a bit like rolled up paper, so best not to do anything if you can't move the entire rock.

Yeah scraping the foot off may cause it to become so stressed it would abandon the tube and it is very difficult to get them to relocate and make a new tube in a captive environment.

Nothing at the moment, I think that rock will get moved into the 135 and I'm just thinking I may want to do something different with it. I guess I was looking for information for the sake of knowing as much as anything

If it's soft LR you could use a small drill bit and drill holes around the feather duster and then break the rock that way. I don't think you would harm it that way if you are careful. Just go slow...

Back
Top Bottom