RO/DI selection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digital daddy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,does anyone deal with J&l Aquatics and if so ,what RO/DI unit do you recommend in the 50GPD model(maxxima or barracuda)?thanks

RODI on ebay

I bought the RODI on ebay for under $150 shipped... it looks great in the box.. haven't had time to install it yet.. it's from filterdirect.com.

I have the Maxxima by Kent Marine. 50 gpd, four stage ro/di. I am happy with it. I think they are all pretty much the same. People here have had great luck on ebay finding nicely priced units.

J&L is a great company but I agree with the others, Ebay has alot to offer for these units and most are quite a bit cheaper. >>Here<< is one you might want to consider. It's ½ the price of the Barracuda and it's a Canadian seller.

Cheers
Steve

I bought one from him... I was very pleased with it. It was a 100gpd for under $100 shipped I believe. Six stage also I am pretty sure. The only downside is that I didn't get clear canisters but if you have a reader it doesn't really matter.

RO/DI it's my understanding that there are only 2 companies that make membranes.... Both good ones. So there really can't be to much difference other then filters.... Prefilters, carbon and DI resin... Most use the same prefilters the major difference is micron size. Carbon vs. coconut carbon? DI resin is really the only major difference that I can see. Go with a low priced unit and shop around for replacement resin that works well if your unit burns up the DI fast.
I have a airwater ice unit love it but now that I know more I would have got a cheaper unit. My 100GPD makes about 5 gal in 1 hour... So if you don;t mind waiting get a lower GPD unit. Remember water temp and pressure effects the output of the unit.

Mine came from Aquasafecanada who is a ebay user. Mine was under $100 for a six stage 100gpd system. Great deal. Also pumps about 5 gph.

Back
Top Bottom