Rose bubble tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tattoed_alex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My supplier got a new shipment of anemones and he let me take one home with me so I picked out a small Rose bubble tip anemone. Anyone have any tips on how to make sure this little guy doesn't end up dying? I have Leds on my 24 gallon nano 10 white 9 blue and 9 red each led is 3watts. Any tips on feeding would be appreciated :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418755696.837443.jpg
Here's the little guy

I've had one (that split into two about a month after I purchased it) for about 2 years. I give them small pieces of silverside fish about twice a week. Usually you can wiggle the food over its tentacles and it will grab it. I've tried a few other frozen foods (thawed of course) but them seem to like the silverside best. Good luck. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418765674.957128.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418765753.556138.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So today I couldn't find it and I noticed it crawled into one of the little holes in the rock I can barely see it but I could still see it's bubbled tips
Should I be worried?

Anemone are simple if you follow the basics and understand their needs.
1. intense lighting
2. pristine and stable water conditions
3. flow
It sounds like your lighting will be just fine. So basically, it is up to you to ensure that your water is pristine and stable, as fluctuations can be as stressful as poor water quality. And then, with flow, there isn't much you can do about this part. It will find a spot where it is happy and stay there, deciding how much flow is enough for it as every anemone's taste for such is different.

So today I couldn't find it and I noticed it crawled into one of the little holes in the rock I can barely see it but I could still see it's bubbled tips
Should I be worried?

Maybe. It is stressed from the move. It is normal for an anemone to be under an overhang or in a crevice and lean out for the light when they come on through the day. Keep an eye on it, if it doesn't do so and isn't getting any light you may have to intervene on its behalf.

Ok thanks I did just do a water change maybe that might have upset him

Any rapid change can do that to an anemone and result in this. I adjusted how I did my water changes to make sure it didn't happen to me by doing water changes through my ATO and do the changes slowly through the day. Been successful so far, but water changes aren't always so stressful on them if parameters are kept pristine to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom