sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amorin said:
ok i usually go to a lical fish store 2times a month.... what do you think about an under gravel filter

Oh ya! Lol, i forgot. Undergravel filters don't really work well under sand because the sand'll seep right through the wholes and into the bottom.

just went to fish store pH is 8.0(I can fix that no amonia or nitrates and salinity is 1.026

Just a couple snails. How is the flow in your tank? You should have enough so that detritus(uneaten food and fish poop) doesn't have a chance to settle on the sand bed.
A ph of 8 is fine.

well i have a penguin 150 it seams to work well when cleaned weekly

i really like diamond gobys they are really cool to watch in the store

I would invest in something to move the water more. The better the flow in the tank, the healthier the tank will be.

NO diamond goby if you have sand !! Don't get me wrong the sand is spotless with one but your water will have all floating particles in it looks horrible and my filters clogged up quick once he's in the tank it's impossible to catch I tried for weeks !!! One day I come home and he was dried up under my LEDs he jumped out some how !! I threw a party now my tank is spotless again !!!

Smithcinema said:
NO diamond goby if you have sand !! Don't get me wrong the sand is spotless with one but your water will have all floating particles in it looks horrible and my filters clogged up quick once he's in the tank it's impossible to catch I tried for weeks !!! One day I come home and he was dried up under my LEDs he jumped out some how !! I threw a party now my tank is spotless again !!!
It was that bad I was recently thinking of getting one?!

Back
Top Bottom