Sand Sifting Star & Pistol Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Would a SSS cause upheaval in an established cave for a little 1 inch Red banded Pistol Shrimp. If it did would the shrimp be unduly bothered?

Last time I changed tanks I thought it had died, but instead it had created a 3-4" large burrow with pieces of shells rocks, and anything like little rubble.

Okay, I was just thinking of a little later when I upgrade the tank again, I am about to move the 6.6G nano back to a 12G nano.

Then perhaps a little larger. Had been waiting an eternity for a new tank from Fluval, the Edge 3 ~25G (long style) the one made specifically for SW - if remembering correctly the size but that was 2+ years ago and it still hasn't come out yet, so I gave up hope on it.

**Do you think a 25 long would be enough room for a SSS to not starve? I like to over feed (bad habit trying to break, but then I relapse).

So glad I checked, information provided to me a couple years back when I had my ~35G SW was that I could get one. I guess get one..... and kill it :(. Not something I would want to do, for awhile there will not be a 100+G SW at my house.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom