Former salties first fw shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I did and everything looks great, nitrates are a little high but I was going to do a wc tonight or tomorrow anyway and I think I’m going to cut back feeding to once a day. Also going to take the center java fern out since it’s looking really rough and I picked up some java moss and corkscrew Val. Can I use superglue like with corals to attach the moss, I want to put it on the wood and black rock in the center and don’t really want to take them out to tie it on (also don’t see how that would work). Also picked up a 40 breeder at the dollar per gallon, guess I’m back.

Val added, it was actually 4 different root groups which was perfect. Went to pull the center java fern but it’s put down roots so I think I’m just gonna leave it and pull the dead leaves tomorrow during the wc. Also gonna try the moss tomorrow too.

New look to left side
BzxlBHY.jpg

Fts
I5IwEZQ.jpg

For some reason 98% of your pictures come through as a broken link on my phone.

Thanks autumn, couple white patches on the wood but it worked really well on the rocks. Had to pull all 3 out tho so scape got tweaked a little.

Looking good!

Thanks, it’s pretty much already on auto pilot. Going to add the shrimp in a month or 2, let the system mature for a while and hopefully the moss takes off. Got my light for the new 40 today so I plan on setting that up tomorrow or Sunday.

Little update, moss is starting to spread and so is the val. Picked up a crypt wendeti and split it into 3 groups. Also have been getting algae so I’ve cut the lighting down to 6 hours. Final stocking is 4 neons, 4 cories, and think I’m going to get some shrimp next week

Moss
mHWbr9A.jpg

Val
UX1LCBA.jpg

Fts
IaflnKm.jpg

I was thinking about adding one or 2, was going to see how the reduced lighting schedule does first and then go that route. Lesson from my salty days, never add another organism thats going to add waste to deal with a problem, but nitrates stay low in this tank as it is so not sure what’s causing the algae.

Back
Top Bottom