scared fishy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericosuave

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had this flame angel for about 2 weeks now and he still likes to hide in the darn rocks! is there any way i can get him to come out? like train him to come out and be a little more brave? hes the only fish in the tank.. could it be because the current in the tank is too high? i have two maxi-jet 600's in a 40 gal hex tank.

TIA

I have had this flame angel for about 2 weeks now and he still likes to hide in the darn rocks!

Does the fish come out to eat? If so don't worry about it, it will eventually become accustomed to it's new environment and be more visible. It is not uncommon for the fish to be timid for a month or two, so long as it is eating and healthy, just give it time.

well.. i think he just waits for the food to float to him behind this rock.. he makes kind of an effort to come out.. but never OUT all the way to where i can see his full body. im pretty sure he gets a couple of flakes cause he looks very healthy still.

Well I just acquire the same fish and that seems to be a trait at least initially of this fish. He is very shy and hides a lot. I have him in my QT right now and keep watching for any signs of distress. He will not aggressively come out to feed but he is eating, judging from the droppigs in the tank. He is also coming out just a little more the last day or so (have him for 3 days now). What I would suggest is as he is the only fish in the tank, keep the lights dim for now - helps them feel a little more secure. Other than that, just patience will do it. Keep a weather eye on him to make sure he does not seem in distress. 8)

Back
Top Bottom