Shark Tank Costs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmakemebroke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I have always wanted a shark tank, and the house I purchased is going to allow it! I do not want to do the maintenance on it, I am going to hire my LFS to do that. I am just wondering what kind of start up costs I am looking at. I want a tank made, probably about 5,000-7000 gallons. Does anyone know how much it costs to have a tank made that size? I just want to know how hard it's going to hit my savings.

Just my guess.. But for a tank that size I'm thinking 20-30,000$ I've heard of up to 100,000$ for tanks that size after all said and done.. You want a round tank for sharks too.

Depends on if you want acrylic or glass... but special order tanks like that will probably run you about 20,000 like someone already stated.

There is an acrylic manufacturer in my state that has 8000 gallon tanks that run about 10,000 though.

I know That Fish Place has a 1000 gallon acrylic they've had a while that includes the stand a a couple of coral inserts for 25 grand.

I don't think you can get an all glass aquarium that large. Glass windows and some material like wood or fiberglass shell, I'm pretty sure can be fabricated.

Last edited:
I second that!! Brett and wade are great guys!!! I met and hung out with them at there shop last September for a couple hours. :)

I would not suggest ATM ive seen their work and its not that great plus you are going to pay twice as much for the tank. Where I work I can get the same tank for considerably less.

If your planning a normal style tank in a wall or a one sided viewing tank.. Look into making a plywood aquarium?.?.

Back
Top Bottom