Single most important item

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand but it is nice to know if I'm taking off for the weekend and my tank leaks I will know before the whole thing gets destroyed and I can call my friend to get a handle on it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha quite a valid point!

Test kits! I didn't even think I that
I only test. Ph ammonia nitrite nitrate
Calcium and alk. Are there other extremely important test I should be doing? One person mentioned an "appropriately sized refugium".
Is there a general DT to sump/refugium ratio That's desired? 4:1: .5???? For example.

How and where can I find a reference that will help me understand how the above mentioned parameters affect and interact with each other to create the situation in the water ???

Just get the biggest sump refugium you can be sure to leave a little space in your stand though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any one say research yet? A few minutes of searching before a purchase can save months of headaches.

What parameters are the most important for a reef? I only bought the API marine test kit. It tests for ph ammonia nitrite nitrate I recently got alk and calcium tests.

Beer.. you guys forgot beer..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What parameters are the most important for a reef? I only bought the API marine test kit. It tests for ph ammonia nitrite nitrate I recently got alk and calcium tests.

During cycling you only need Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate test kits. Once your tank is stable, you will hardly ever have to use the first two. In a reef tank I keep a log and I consider all readings important. If you neglect just one of them you will end up crashing your tank. The temp, pH, Alk, salinity, Mag, Cal, Phosphate and Nitrate have all to be at the acceptable levels and stable.

Back
Top Bottom