six line wrasse, reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pool_dude

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok, i did some research on the six line wrasse i just bought, it made mention that it would could eat pests, little critters, possible crabs and shrimp. But it did not make mention of the possibility of eating soft corals. either or coincidentally, i have some pest eating my green starburst polyp or this new fish of mine ate part of it. any of you have experience with this? i have not seen him eat yet, but looking closer at the polyp its like somebody picked or nipped the petals of a flower.

I have one in my nano with some soft corals, xenia, LPS corals and other inverts. No trouble.

hmmm... ill make more observation. if he's the culprit, i want to see him do it, if not, and its some pest, then i should just let him take out the pest.

we have a six line wrasse and tons of different corals and inverts and he has never bothered anyone. we even have a coral banded shrimp which wrasses are suppose to bother and neither one of them seems to be bothered by each other.

no... wrasses are perfectly fine with some coral... what other fish/crabs/etc.. do you have in the tank?

It is more than likely something other than the wrasse nibbling :p

never noticed any problems with my 6 line wrasse, and yes they are supposed to be reef safe.
they can be jumpers, though mine's never given me any problems.

Back
Top Bottom