snowflake eel dinner party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leslie.pelezo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Every time I leave town my eel eats another fish. I fed him right before I left and came home later to find he ate my clown and a a damsel. I had to leave town again. Made sure he ate well before I left. Came home two days later and he ate the yellow eyed tang!!!

How can I prevent this?

I usually dont feed him daily. I feed him every three days. :evil:

i dont think you can.. if it keeps eating fish maybe its a piscavore or whatever? because for my rabbits as long as tehres food it'll keep eating. by feeding i dont think it changes much. but ive never kept a eel before :cry:

Wow, that seems odd. How big is your eel? Have you actually seen him take down the fish? Are you sure he's taking them and they aren't just dying and being cleaned up before you see it? From what I understand, snowflake eels aren't much for hunting and catching fish. They have flat molars for crushing shells of shrimp, crabs and such. If he is guilty, your only alternative may be to trade him in for another. Or maybe do a species only tank.

Agree with Fluff... My snowflake lives with a variety of inhabitants and makes no attempt what so ever at attacking my fish, the smallest tank mate is a royal dottyback.. I'd check that all ur parameters are fine, because if the eel is munching on them, its after they have died.. My snowflake is 45cm long..

Back
Top Bottom